Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day 2

Today didn't exactly start out Amazing Race style, but it did begin with jess vs. batteries. All of a sudden thte rechargeable batteries decided that they didn't want to work anymore. Well, they wanted to work, but only in combiation with certian other batteries. I found one advantage to having my life packed into my car...batteries. Long story short, I got the batteries and took the damn picuture! (if only it was that easy!)

I explored Yellowstone and saw Ol' Faithful erupt. Roxy enjoyed her short jaunt around some of the geysers, until a sign oh so politely kicked her off the premises. At least she got a chance to walk .2 miles today...I'm laughing, but she's not! It's wierd how they can predict the eruptions....it almost makes it seem less natural. I was blown away by the beauty of the park, but i t made me miss Glacier and pssibly even appreciate it more than I did before. The river running through the park is beautiful, and I was so tempted to go play in it. Let's just say a rafting trip down the river didn't exactly fit the budget.

Roxy is appartenly cool with elk, but not so cool with the much larger, more scary looking bison. We had to pick up speed as Roxy barked her head off. I just envisioned a bison indented (probably spelled that wrong!) on the side of my car..a story to tell eh??

I also saw the Tetons, which were really breathtaking. I'm not just saying that to be cliche, but they truly were. There is something really unique about them in thier jaggedness and ruggedness and the snow adds an extra touch. Teton National Park had awesome bike trails. It would be a great way to see the park if you had the time. Any takers on a Teton adventure??

I traveled through Wyoming, Idaho, and part of Utah, which is where I am now. It was really cool to see the small, unique towns on the way to Utah. Who knew a town existed that had 100 people?? That gives a new meaning to small town!

Now, I'm camping in a campground that feels like a mall. Well, I'm pretty exhausted, so it will be nice to sleep. Ahhh falling asleep to the annoying children on scooters singing their rendition of "Save a horse. Ride a cowboy." and "I like big butts, and I cannot lie." Camping in the great outdoors...HA!

P.S: And for those who are wondering how my car topper is doing, well...as it turs out, rain wasn't all I had to be worried about. At a closer look, the topper is covered with all sorts of dead insects and other things that fall from the sky! I thought it was funny I was worried about i getting rained on...now I'm hoping a little rain washes it off!


Hope all is well! It's taking all I have to post this thing without editing it, but times a commodity around here, so it will have to do!

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I like the bit about the pleasant camping musical accompaniment and I definitely want to make a Teton adventure sometime in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was laughing when I read about the topper!! I can only imagine all the hitchhikers you have on it now!!! sounds like you are having a blast!! love the stories Roxy really needs to step up her game!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey It was good to talk to you this morning. Glad to hear cheeriness in your voice. You were right I enjoyed reading your blog. keep up the good work. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete